Beautiful footage of a fireworks show from the lens of a drone flying above and at times through the action.
Saturday, July 5, 2014
Sunday, May 11, 2014
A great summary of the aggressive, expansionary cult that is Islam. From a post on Sodahead.
Muslims historically peaceful? Don't make me laugh.
To put matters into some historical perspective (which Muslims and their liberal apologists are very loath to do), the Crusader occupation of Jerusalem lasted less than 100 years. Subsequent to that, they managed to hold on to a few cities on the eastern Mediterranean coast (principally Acre) for another 100 years or so.
Meanwhile, what had the Muslims been doing? Well, hundreds of years before the first Crusade, the Moors were busy attacking Spain and France. They were only stopped at Tours in 732 (about 90 miles south of Paris) by Charles Martel, the grandfather of Charlemagne. That prevented the occupation of France, but Spain remained under Moorish rule for about 700 years, until well after the Crusades were over.
In the eastern Mediterranean, the Turks (not to be outdone) took over Constantinople in 1453 (and still have it), and then went on to conquer and occupy the rest of Greece until the early 1800s, as well as the Balkans, Georgia, Armenia and parts of south Russia. The Turks made incursions as far as Austria and were only stopped at the gates of Vienna in the late 1600s.
Oh, and speaking of Armenia, don't forget the Armenian genocide of 1915-1921, when the Ottoman Turks murdered about 1.5 million Armenians.
Since its inception, Islam has spent FAR more time invading and occupying Europe than vice-versa.
UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~"The stench of liberalism fouls the air."
Monday, March 31, 2014
The Stinking Pile Of Liars party, the Ontario Liberals, now have TWO Leaders who have disavowed the actions of those in their party. In this example, it's the deleting of emails that would prove they cancelled power plants to save seats in government at a cost of $1 billion.
It's sad to think that there are still millions in Ontario who would cast a vote for them.
"Dalton McGuinty has broken his silence of the last three days, telling the Star it’s “ridiculous” to think Premier Kathleen Wynne could have known about wiping clean computer hard drives when he didn’t."
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014
(Thanks to CDToolpusher)
What Every Man Should Have
1. A handkerchief you carry.
2. A quality flashlight.
3. A pocket knife.
4. A set of jumper cables.
5. A toolbox that is filled with the necessities and is functional.
6. A rifle, a shotgun, and a pistol with which you are intimately familiar.
7. A working knowledge of compasses, maps and topography.
8. Rope and a tarp, because someday you might need them.
9. Books on your nightstand.
10. A hobby. A real hobby. Something which energizes you and makes your heart race. Your hobby should add to your life and give you character. Oh, and be able to school anyone about your hobby without using the internet.
11. Honor and Respect. Honor your word. Respect those who deserve it.
12. A family. Make it one that is eager for and deserving of you.*
13. A sense of direction. You know that little voice you choose to ignore? Stop ignoring it.
14. Scars. Tattoos aren’t scars. Scars are your personal reminder of where you’ve been, what you’ve done, and what you’ve learned.**
15. Progeny. You’ve lived life. Pass it on.
16. Faith. Be it a faith in God or something else, cling to it fiercely. Focus on life and remain reliant on this faith. Know what you believe and why you believe it.
17. The ability to know when to laugh, particularly at yourself. Life is not always about being serious. Life won’t take you seriously so don’t give it the satisfaction.
*”Family” does not necessarily indicate blood relation.
**All scars are not physical.
Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2014/01/real-mans-list-necessities/#oqPVUMAcyphcRQSz.99
Saturday, December 28, 2013
This is a 2 year old story but it's news to me and yet familiar; a study of music's effects on the brain done at McGill. The study reported that our brain releases dopamine when hearing pleasurable music. They say it's the first time anyone's found dopamine release in response to an aesthetic (not life critical) stimulus.
Music has always helped me relax. We all should turn off the tube and computer and chill with music more often.